Quinoa Power Bowl with Lemony Arugula Hemp Pesto
Put a spring in your step with this easy-to-make vegetarian power bowl. Start with your favourite Longo's salad greens, add a healthy grain or seed like our omega-3 rich hemp hearts, then get creative with veggies and your favourite dressing. This recipe for Quinoa Power Bowl with Lemony Arugula Hemp Pesto is a very high source of fibre, an excellent source of magnesium and a good source of calcium.
Prep: 10 min Cook: 20 min Serves: 4
- 1 block (350 g) extra firm tofu, drained well and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 tbsp Longo’s Signature Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 3 cups cooked Longo’s Quinoa
- 2 cups Longo’s Organic Baby Arugula
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1 cup Longo’s Frozen Peas, thawed
- 4 tsp Longo’s Signature Glaze with Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
- Toasted Longo’s Hemp Hearts (optional)
Arugula and Hemp Pesto:
- 3 cups packed Longo’s Organic Baby Arugula
- 1/2 cup Longo’s Hemp Hearts, toasted
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup Longo’s Signature Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Toss tofu cubes with oil, salt and pepper and transfer to parchment-paper-lined baking sheet. Bake in preheated 400°F oven for about 20 minutes, flipping cubes halfway through, until golden brown around edges. Allow to cool slightly.
Arugula and Hemp Pesto: Combine arugula, hemp hearts, lemon zest and juice, garlic, salt and pepper in a food processor. Process ingredients while drizzling in oil until just combined and almost smooth.
Divide tofu, quinoa, arugula, carrots, and peas among 4 serving bowls. Top each bowl with Arugula and Hemp Pesto and balsamic and garnish with hemp hearts, if using.
Per serving: 680 calories; 24 g protein; 49 g fat; 41 g carbohydrate; 9 g fibre; 7 g sugars; 680 mg sodium.