Mediterranean Power Bowl with Crispy Spiced Chickpeas
It's time the boring lunchtime sandwich took a break while you give this power bowl jar a shake. A recipe packed with protein and a very high source of fibre, this Mediterranean Power Bowl with Crispy Spiced Chickpeas will have everyone talking around the water cooler.
Prep: 10 min Cook: 30 min Serves: 4
- 1 small English cucumber, diced
- 1 container (255 g) Longo’s Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 3 cups cooked Longo’s Fereek
- 4 cups packed Longo’s Organic Baby Spinach
- 1/3 cup packed fresh torn Longo’s Mint Leaves
- 1/3 cup packed fresh torn parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup Longo’s Hemp Hearts, toasted
Crispy Spiced Chickpeas:
- 1 can (540 mL) Longo’s Chickpeas, drained, rinsed and thoroughly dried
- 1 tbsp Longo’s 100% Pure Canola Oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Longo’s Ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Longo’s Garlic Powder
- Pinch Longo’s Ground Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 cup plain (non-effervescent) kefir
- 1/3 cup Longo’s Classic Hummus
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp Longo’s Ground Cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
Crispy Spiced Chickpeas: Combine chickpeas, oil and salt. Transfer to parchment-paper-lined baking sheet. Bake in preheated 400°F oven for about 30 minutes, shaking pan halfway through, until browned and just beginning to blacken. While still hot, toss with cumin, garlic powder and cayenne. Let cool completely.
Kefir Dressing: Whisk together kefir, hummus, garlic, lemon juice, cumin and salt. If dressing seems too thick, add water, 1 tsp at a time, to thin.
In a 1L wide-mouth Mason jar, layer 1/4 each of the dressing, cucumber, tomatoes, fereek, spinach, mint, parsley, Crispy Spiced Chickpeas and hemp hearts. Repeat with additional three 1L jars. Transfer to a bowl and toss before serving.
Per serving: 420 calories; 19 g protein; 13 g fat; 60 g carbohydrate; 15 g fibre; 5 g sugars; 650 mg sodium. A very high source of fibre.